By Nolan Feeney
January 21, 2015

The firearms maker that provided guns for Liam Neeson’s movie Taken 3 says it’s cutting ties with the series and the actor following his recent comments about guns.

While talking last week about the Paris terrorist attacks, Neeson told Dubai’s Gulf News it’s a “disgrace” that there are “too many” privately owned guns in the United States. “Every week now we’re picking up a newspaper and seeing, ‘Yet another few kids have been killed in schools,'” he said.

PARA USA now says it “regrets” working with Neeson and providing firearms for the movie.

“Comments made by [Taken 3‘s] Irish-born star during press junkets reflect a cultural and factual ignorance that undermines support of the Second Amendment and American liberties, the company wrote on its Facebook page last week. “We will no longer provide firearms for use in films starring Liam Neeson and ask that our friends and partners in Hollywood refrain from associating our brand and products with his projects.”

[BBC]

Write to Nolan Feeney at nolan.feeney@time.com.

SPONSORED FINANCIAL CONTENT

You May Like

EDIT POST