Authorities are unsure how rat poison was ingested
Two kindergarteners were killed and 30 more were struck ill by rat poison at a school in China this week, authorities said.
It’s unclear how the poison was ingested Wednesday at Jiajia Kindgergarten, a school in the Pinglong village of rural Qiubei County, but no evidence of foul play has been found, the Associated Press reports.
The food served had been tested and found safe to eat. The two fatal victims, four- and five-year-old girls, died after medical treatment failed, according to state news agency Xinhua. Six children remain hospitalized.