1. Smart labels that monitor food can reduce food-related illness and waste.
By Adrienne LeFrance in the Atlantic
2. With a “Right to Work” law that lets refugees earn a living, Uganda avoids the pitfalls of wartime migration. Other countries can too.
By Gregory Warner in National Public Radio
3. Integrate the protests: Why Ferguson needs a “Freedom Summer.”
By Jay Caspian Kang in the New Yorker
4. To deter Putin and defuse the crisis in Ukraine, policymakers must be creative, strategic and collaborative.
By David Ignatius in the Washington Post
5. Extra ISP fees for companies like Netflix only stifle Internet innovation.
By Reed Hastings in Wired
The Aspen Institute is an educational and policy studies organization based in Washington, D.C.