1. To understand the conflict in Ferguson, we must acknowledge and overcome structural racism.
By Karen J. Aroesty in the St. Louis Dispatch
2. As we leave Afghanistan, we owe justice and transparency to civilians caught in the crossfire of our occupation.
By Christopher Rogers in Al-Jazeera America
3. The wisdom of crowds: The CIA is learning a lot by aggregating the guesswork of ordinary Americans.
By Alix Spiegel at National Public Radio
4. In the age of MOOCs, remote labs are making a comeback and giving STEM students affordable new ways to do research.
By Steve Zurier in EdTech
5. Delaying child bearing and getting a high school diploma could drastically alter the future for today’s teen moms.
By Emily Cuddy and Richard V. Reeves at the Brookings Institution
The Aspen Institute is an educational and policy studies organization based in Washington, D.C.