1. Providing shoes to barefoot walkers may be a basic first step to containing Ebola.
By Stephen T. Fomba in Zócalo Public Square
2. Your brain isn’t built to multitask. Give it a break.
By Michael Harris in Salon
3. U.S. intervention, while a key pillar, cannot solve the identity crisis in the Middle East.
By Steven Cook in the Washington Post
4. This arrest may be monitored: The best way to protect citizens from abuse of power is videorecording everything.
By Reihan Salam in Slate
5. To connect more people to jobs, we must build a true and equitable apprenticeship system in the United States.
By Robert Giloth and Maureen Conway in the Baltimore Sun
The Aspen Institute is an educational and policy studies organization based in Washington, D.C.