1. Born of the war on terror, militarized civilian police forces have impacted civil rights and citizens’ lives.
By Alex Kane at BillMoyers.com
2. Turkey is finally in a position to carry some weight in Iraq – if President Erdogan keeps his promises.
By Josh Walker in War on the Rocks
3. A new bill forcing schools to collect and share hard data on sexual assault can reveal the scale and shed much-needed light on this epidemic.
By Anna Bahr in the Upshot
4. Summer jobs for American youth will soon be a thing of the past. So will the work ethic and skills training that summer jobs once ensured.
By Ben Cassleman in FiveThirtyEight
5. It may seem like the world is tearing itself apart, but when peacekeepers can be deployed to troublespots, their track record is very good.
By Roland Paris in Political Violence at a Glance
The Aspen Institute is an educational and policy studies organization based in Washington, D.C.