1. Increasing access to education is the best way to close the employment gap between black and white males in America.
By Rory O'Sullivan, Konrad Mugglestone and Tom Allison in Young Invicibles
2. New tools are making secure communication with journalists – and whistleblowing – possible.
By Sarah Laskow in Columbia Journalism Review
3. Disconnect: Americans have long believed stopping genocide was a core interest for our nation. They’re wrong.
By Dhruva Jaishankar in Foreign Policy
4. America should use our law protecting victims of human trafficking to manage the border crisis and grant asylum for migrant children.
By Kathy Bougher in the Denver Post
5. Gamify the Environment: Instead of a binding global treaty on climate change, let's make it a “race to the top” competition among nations.
By Timothy Wirth and Tom Daschle in Yale Environment 360
The Aspen Institute is an educational and policy studies organization based in Washington, D.C.