1. Hamas doesn’t want to beat Israel in the current battle of Gaza, they want to beat Fatah for the hearts of the Palestinian people.
By Hicham Mourad in Al-Ahram
2. The State Department is fighting a losing social media war with terrorists.
By Jacob Silverman in Politico
3. We shouldn’t need a guide: When to use ethnic slurs.
By Eric Liu in the Atlantic
4. Beyond producing more scientists, STEM education gives us creative problem-solvers who thrive in business and leadership.
By Jonathan Wei in Quartz
5. Giving while living: Americans should engage in philanthropy when they’re young.
By Christopher Oechsli in the Chronicle of Philanthropy
The Aspen Institute is an educational and policy studies organization based in Washington, D.C.