1. The border isn’t the problem: A detailed, map-powered breakdown of the real story behind this immigration crisis.
By Zack Stanton in the Wilson Quarterly
2. With campaign finance rules in chaos, major corporations are setting a new standard with voluntary disclosures of political donations.
By Bruce F. Freed and Karl J. Sandstrom in U.S. News and World Report
3. It’s not about political correctness. Racist sports team names harm Native American youth.
By Erik Stegman and Victoria Phillips at the Center for American Progress
4. A simple move – replacing individual state bar exams with the Uniform Bar Exam – can bring much-needed reform to the legal profession.
By Baron YoungSmith in Slate
5. Computer modeling and big data are new weapons against disease-carrying insects.
By John Upton in Pacific Standard
The Aspen Institute is an educational and policy studies organization based in Washington, D.C.