1. Caught between a war and life in a state of endless siege, Palestinians see no choice but to support Hamas.
By Noam Sheizaf in +972
2. Unfortunately, a deal with Russia is the only way to defuse the crisis in Ukraine.
By Iain Martin in the Telegraph
3. To beat the fundraising obsession that paralyzes Washington, disclose donation data less often.
By Lindsay Mark Lewis at the Atlantic
4. The research is clear: Our best strategy to fight the spread of HIV is decriminalizing sex work.
By Caelainn Hogan in the Washington Post
5. More than a sideline, corruption is a system for powerful actors to capture revenue and overshadow the operation of a state. And it is a major threat to international security.
By Sarah Chayes at the Carnegie Endowment for International Peace
The Aspen Institute is an educational and policy studies organization based in Washington, D.C.