1. After the downing of Malaysia Airlines flight 17, the world must push a political solution to the Ukraine crisis or risk it becoming much more dangerous.
By Dmitri Trenin at the Carnegie Moscow Center
2. We can't disown the children at our border.
By Jim Gaines at the Reuters Great Debate
3. We should let failing arts organizations die.
By Devon Smith in Medium
4. Amazon Web Services deal with the CIA could revolutionize intelligence work.
By Frank Konkel in Government Executive
5. A Cold War lesson: Challenging the status quo in Iran as we did decades ago with the USSR.
By Nicholas Burns in the Boston Globe
The Aspen Institute is an educational and policy studies organization based in Washington, D.C.