1. Israel and Hamas have not only made do with each other's existence, they have tried to figure out how to derive the maximum benefit from one another.
By Aaron David Miller in Foreign Policy
2. The current immigration crisis -- and larger questions about reform -- mean immigration is far from a political slam-dunk for the left.
By Nathan Pippinger in Democracy
3. What if Egypt isn't ready for democracy?
By Sarah Eltantawi in the Immanent Frame
4. Affirmative Action should be adapted to accommodate structural racism and America's modern segregation.
By Sheryll Cashin in the Root
5. Marriage isn't the answer to poverty and focusing on single moms obscures the real problems.
By Carter Price in the New Republic
The Aspen Institute is an educational and policy studies organization based in Washington, D.C.