1. To upgrade the reliability of the wisdom of crowds, look instead to the wisdom of the confident.
By the Editors of the MIT Technology Review
2. Marketing departments for technology firms should take the radical step of functioning like an outside agency, complete with their own engineers.
By First Round Review
3. According to Peter Orszag, the radical financial relief from the falling cost of health care in America means "everything you think you know about the nation's long-term fiscal gap would be wrong."
By Adrianna McIntyre in Vox
4. Robots writing dead simple news stories means journalists can use human intelligence on real, robust news that are worth reading.
By Kevin Roose in New York magazine
5. Is the bottomless thirst for Wall Street profits driving the soaring cost of higher education?
By Lisa Wade in Sociological Images
The Aspen Institute is an educational and policy studies organization based in Washington, D.C.