"I’m sorry but it’s going to be a few more weeks before we get rocking in America again," said the singer, who is recovering from a viral infection
Paul McCartney has postponed an upcoming concert tour in the U.S., on the advice of his doctors, in order to recuperate from a mysterious virus the singer contracted in May while on tour in Asia.
The 71-year-old rock legend pushed back the opening date of his “Out There” tour from June 14 to July 5.
“I’m sorry but it’s going to be a few more weeks before we get rocking in America again,” McCartney said in a statement on Monday. “I’m feeling great but taking my docs’ advice to take it easy for just a few more days.”
The former Beatle was briefly hospitalized with an undisclosed viral infection while on tour in Japan last month, prompting a rare postponement of several tour dates.